Oat Cookies: Where Health Meets Flavor
Do you want to indulge in a sweet treat without compromising your healthy diet? Look no further than oat cookies. The mouthwatering oat cookies will not only satisfy your sweet craving but also provide you with a range of health benefits.
Either it's an old fashioned peanut butter oat cookie or an oat cookie filled with raisins or other dry fruits, it will surely provide you with protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. The ingredients, when merged together, will make a great source of essential nutrients as well as satisfy your sweet craving.
What makes the Cookies healthier?
Oats have long been recognized as a nutrient dense food, ideal for a meal or snack. Why? Let's find out.
- Oats are essential for heart health. The beta-glucan, a soluble fiber present in It, helps lower cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
- Oats are a good choice for diabetic people as it has high fiber content which slows down the glucose absorption into the bloodstream. Resulting into the better management of insulin sensitivity as well as reduces the risk of complications.
- Rich sources of soluble and insoluble fiber present in oats can aid a healthy digestive system by regulating proper digestive functioning and improving gut health.
- If you are trying to maintain a healthy weight then oats came to a rescue. This low in calories and high in fiber food can keep you feeling fuller for a longer period of time, making you less likely to mindlessly munch on unhealthy snacks.
- If you have gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, then the good news is that there are some gluten free oats as well which can be a great source of healthy grains for you to incorporate into your diet without risking your health or compromising on a robust lifestyle.
Things to watch out for:
- Oat cookies are a healthier option than other sugary cookies, but these are still high in sugar and butter content, so eat one at a time. Remember! Moderation is the key.
- Look for the ingredients before buying and choose cookies which have whole grain oats as they are the healthiest.
- Making your own is always the best choice. Try to bake them on your own with healthier ingredients and adjustments of your choice to get the most out of it.
Reviewed by Certified Dietitian