Belly fat: how to get rid of the stubborn mass of fat on your belly?
Who doesn't want to get rid of a round tummy? All you need to do is make some dietary changes and increase physical activity to lose belly fat. Besides all this, consistency and motivation are the most important things. It is not quite easy, but it is not impossible. You set your goals, and we tell you how to achieve them easily.
Why is my belly round?
Do you also spend a major part of the day sitting in front of the laptop trying to get the assignments done and then treating yourself with an episode or two of your show? If your answer is yes, then that is why your belly is round. Lack of physical activity is the main reason for fat accumulation in the abdomen.
Besides that some other causes of belly fat include
- Unhealthy dietary pattern
- Lack of physical activity
- Stress and disturbed sleeping pattern.
- Smoking and alcohol abuse
How do I get a flat stomach?
The only solution is a healthy, balanced diet and exercise. These two things together are keys to a healthy life and body.
Diet to reduce belly fat
A few dietary changes that you need to make are
- Plan a proper diet regime and stick to it.
- Limit extra sugars and fats in your diet.
- Count your macros precisely, and fill a major portion of your plate with salad and lean protein with few carbohydrates and very little fat.
- High-fiber foods will improve satiety. For this add salads and fruits to your meals and snacks.
- Include foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber, like fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. in your diet.
Exercise also does wonders
Exercise is more effective at reducing belly fat if done in a fasted state. But be careful about the energy levels. A workout session must not leave you drained out. Below are some exercises that are easier for you to perform and are effective in losing belly fat,
- Aerobic or cardio exercise
Walking, running, jogging, cycling, and swimming are aerobic exercises.
- Abdominal exercise
Planking, pushups, crunches, and leg lifts include your abdominal muscles and help lose belly fat.
- High-intensity interval training
High-intensity interval training includes high-intensity exercise with intervals of low-intensity workouts in between.
- Weight training
Biceps and triceps exercises, squats, pull-ups and lunges are all part of weight training.
Leave a comment