Workout at Home
If you want to workout but the idea of going to a gym seems tedious then look no further because we have found a perfect home-based high-intensity interval training for you.
An alternative to spending your money and time on a place where you can’t regularly go, this type of workout allows you to train at home with no equipment required.
HIIT is a highly effective proven way to perform the best workout in a short period. It requires short periods of intensive exercises with even shorter rest periods. It combines both strength and cardio training and can help you decrease body fat, improve cardiovascular health, increase strength, and overall improve athletic performance.
Below is a detailed HIIT circuit workout laid out by Muhammad Abbas, the founder, and CEO of Jacked Nutrition. Being a NASM-certified trainer, an ISSA-certified fitness trainer, an ISSA-certified exercise physical therapist, and an ISSA-certified fitness nutritionist, he has perfected this high-intensity interval training plan which you can follow.
So, clear out the space and get started with these 9 exercises. Perform 2 to 3 circuits of these exercises and do take 2 to 3 min rest between circuits. Remember not to take a rest between exercises for maximum benefits.
Jumping jacks 50
Start your workout by performing jumping jacks which would activate all your muscle groups.
- Begin by standing with your feet together and your arms at your side.
- Jump up, spread your feet, and bring your arms above your head.
- Jump again to the starting position and repeat.
Another one of the full body exercises is burpees. They tend to build strength in your whole body.
- Start in a standing position.
- Then quickly drop down into a push-up position.
- Jump your feet back to your hands, and from this crouched position jump up as high as you can.
High knees 30
Focusing on your lower body, this exercise helps improve your lower body, activating your lower muscles.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Lift your right knee towards your chest.
- Then hop it down as you repeat it with your left leg.
Mountain climbers 30
Performed to strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, core, and legs. It is a high-intensity exercise with fruitful results.
- Start with a plank position.
- Bring one knee to your chest then back out again.
- Bring the other knee and keep on repeating.
Squat jumps 15
Adding jumps to the traditional squats, this exercise adds cardio to your strength training.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and hands at chest level.
- Sink into a squat position.
- Then jump up aiming for the ceiling and repeat.
Bear walks 40 steps
To increase the muscle power of the whole body focusing especially to develop strength in the shoulders and abdomen.
- Begin on all fours.
- Walk your right hand and your left foot forward.
- Then alternate and repeat.
Helps to increase your upper body strength as this exercise focuses on the chest, shoulders, and triceps. Doing push-ups to failure would increase the intensity of your workout.
- Get down on all fours and straighten out your arms and legs above the ground.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the ground.
- Pause and then repeat.
Plank 1 min
One of the best exercises to strengthen your core and improve your balance and posture. It gets challenging but is worth it.
- Hold a plank position for about 1 minute while staying low to the ground.
Wall sit 30 sec
Done to strengthen the quadriceps muscles.
- Begin with your back against a wall in a sitting position.
- Hold this position.
- Then slide back up to the wall to a standing position and repeat.
This workout presented to you can help in your fitness journey, it is specified to increase your strength while burning out excess calories. The best thing about it is that as this workout is home-based, you can perform it whenever you are free.
To achieve the maximum benefits of this HIIT workout, it is important to give the high-intensity bursts your exercises need. It may seem challenging at first but with consistency, you can easily get used to it and improve your fitness.