When going on a journey to stay in shape it’s important to be specific and know what you are targeting. You may have come across the terms weight loss and fat loss but to achieve those, you need to know their meaning and their difference.
This article will brief you on the difference between weight loss and fat loss and how if you want to reach your goals faster you have to focus on fat loss. It will also guide you on your fat loss journey by providing you with some tips, exercises, and supplements to ensure you can achieve the transformation you want.
Weight Loss vs Fat Loss
Both these terms are used when you are trying to transform yourself, the thing is these terms are used interchangeably but they have different meanings.
The difference between weight loss and fat loss is that weight loss focuses on the overall reduction of your actual body weight. It compromises losing weight by breaking down fat, water, and also muscles. It is a general term used for shedding some extra kilos. In comparison, fat loss is just the reduction in body fat. It is specific, focusing on weight loss by reducing fat.
Should You Aim to Lose Weight or Fat?
The question which is then posed is what should you do? You want to help your body to transform, and you want to maintain your shape, So, what should you look for?
Most of the time when you are talking about losing weight you are talking about losing fat so first, it is important to be specific about it.
Aiming for losing fat is resorting to a healthy way to come in shape while losing weight without caring about your fat-free mass is dangerous for you in the long run. Fat-free mass or lean body mass which includes muscle, bones, water, etc. You do not want to reduce them as they are there for a reason.
For example, water helps you perform your functions properly and if there is not enough water then it can be a problem for you. The same is the case with muscle tissues, they help you give strength so it is not good to reduce them. But you can reduce fat as excessive fat leads to obesity and many health problems including heart diseases.
So, in the end, you need to stay healthy thus focusing on losing fat instead of lean body mass which could later pose a problem to you.
Fat Loss Tips
It has been achieved that fat loss is better and healthier for you because of its numerous benefits. The fat loss benefits include having overall well-being with reduced risk of heart diseases, inflammation, Hypertension, and diabetes, also less risk of losing muscle mass, and more chances of getting rid of excessive dangerous fat.
Here are some tips to lose that excessive fat:-
- Change your diet plans:- Instead of going towards quick diet plans lookout for effective, slow, and steady plans which will give you a long-lasting effect. Taking care of what you eat would help you lose fat.
- Shift to body composition:- Stop trying to track your weight instead analyze your body composition regularly. Establish that you are trying to lose weight and not fat and then stay away from the weight machine, you don’t have to track how many kilos you lose but instead focus on fat.
- Do not look for quick results:- Quick results mean having a short-term effect instead take your time and keep on working without losing your motivation. This also includes quick diets which cut off all your calories, they are meant to be a temporary result so if you want a log term result stick to your goal for a long time.
- Get enough protein:- This way your body can lose fat and still maintain lean body mass as the protein will help you maintain muscle while increasing fat loss. Having enough protein would give you the energy to burn calories thus helping you lose fat.
- Balance strength and cardio training:- Cardio burns a lot of calories but strength training will also help you as they increase muscle which then leads to an increase in your metabolism.
Fat Loss Exercises
For weight loss, two types of exercises should be done. As mentioned above there should be a balance between them to achieve the maximum result.
- Cardio Exercise:- You’ll find many high-intensity cardio exercises which will focus on you to lose weight. An important aspect of keeping in shape is to target one area and fat loss exercises can help you with that. Losing fat from one specific area like belly fat etc. Some highly effective cardio exercises which you can do at home include jumping jacks, burpees and planks.
- Strength Training:- This anaerobic type of training helps produce muscles that are fat-free and allow more calorie burns. It tends to lose fat while still maintaining muscles that burn calories. It also enables you to do more, meaning it gives you energy and gives you more opportunities for calorie burn.
Fat Loss Supplements
To make your journey easy you can use fat loss supplements that can cut down body fat and improve body composition. Taking supplements is an easy and convenient way to help you reach your goal. Nowadays, because people are super busy and forget to take care of their health, supplements are widely used.
Fat loss supplements aid in fat loss while maintaining lean muscle mass. Containing ingredients like L carnitine which promotes fat burning, caffeine which increases energy and other essential ingredients which reduces fat, the fat loss supplements support your overall health and performance. Fat burners like Jacked Nutrition Burn+, L- Carnitine and Superior 14 CLA are famous, effective and efficient.
In The End
If your goal is to be healthy and look fit then the fat loss is the way for you. Follow these tips to attain your fat loss goals and remember that you want a long-term, long-lasting effect so you have to work for it accordingly. Fat loss is not an easy process but with the help of supplements it can be made easier so choose accordingly.