Flame-Kissed Delights: Irresistible Charms of Grilled Burgers
The grilled burger is always a nice choice. The burger may be lacking the crisp but it is so full of flavors and nutrients. It is made with a good amount of salad with sauces and condiments according to your liking. The main ingredient is a patty or fillet grilled to perfection in little oil with the right amount of spice. For the buns, you may choose whole wheat or multigrain to make them healthier.
Why a grilled burger over a crispy fillet burger?
Do you ever feel like having a burger while being on a diet? A grilled burger has to be your choice. Why? Because the crispy filet burger is deep-fried and coated with a layer of refined carbohydrates which is enough to make it a less healthy or even unhealthy option. Whereas grilled burger has its endless health benefits
- It is cooked in very little oil.
- It has a good amount of raw vegetables.
- Grilling also keeps the meat juicy, moist, flavorful, and nutritious.
- It even tastes good without the mayo dip which is again fattening.
- The grilled fillet can be used in keto-friendly wraps and burgers. Also a gluten-free option.
- It promotes weight loss and lowers the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
You can count the calories if you build your own grilled burger
You can easily keep track of your calorie and macros intake if you prepare your grilled burger at home. Here are a few options for you
Conventional grilled burger with a patty or filet
- Marinate the chicken in all the spices for a few hours or overnight and grill it in the grilling pan or over the smoke.
- Mix the spices in the minced meat and make a patty. Grill it in very little oil in a grilling pan. May smoke it afterward for an even better taste.
- Assembling the burger
- Take the buns of your choice and toast them
- Take the bottom half and spread the mustard and ketchup on it
- Place lettuce on top of it
- Now add your juicy fillet or patty that you prepared yourself
- Top it with a few slices of tomato cucumber onion rings or caramelized onion
- Add more sauce, low-fat cheese, or any other ingredient of your choice
- Place the top half and enjoy!
This burger provides you with around 400 -500 calories.
keto-friendly grilled burger or gluten-free grilled burger
You can opt for keto buns made with almond flour or may place the grilled patty, salsa, sauces, and salad in between two leaves of iceberg lettuce and you are good to go.
The burger made with the almond bun contains almost 400 calories, but the one with the lettuce gives only 250 kcal.
The grilled patty or filet is what makes the grilled burger a healthier and tastier alternative. Using very little oil and no crust of refined flour adds to the benefits of the burger. The grilled burger is something you can eat without any regrets and it's even more diet friendly if you make it yourself with precisely measured macros.