Summer’s Gift: Imli Aloo Bukhara Sharbat (Tamarind Plum Juice)
Ever seen an imli aloo bukhara sharbat stall while returning from a long hard day at work in the scorching heat? It is the best kind of solution to all the problems on hot summer days. Imli aloo Bukhara sharbat is a combination of tamarind (imli) and plum (alu bukhara) juices with added sugar and syrups for flavoring. The first sip you take refreshes your mind soul and body.
Imli Aloo Bukhara Sharbat Benefits
Being a combination of tamarind and plum juice, it is packed with antioxidants and polyphenols having unanimous health benefits.
- First of all, it is refreshing like anything. It feels so cool in the depths of your soul and thus it can save you from the harsh effects of summer.
- Tamarind and plum both are packed with antioxidants and polyphenols and have anti-diabetic, anti-cancerous, and heart health-friendly properties.
- Imli alu bukhara juice can be good for heart health in many ways. It regulates blood pressure and also lowers LDL cholesterol. It is also observed to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Having high magnesium content tamarind can be helpful for those having insomnia and it can help regulate the circadian clock.
- Tamarind contains hydro citric acid which is known to aid weight loss by improving satiety.
- One important benefit of imli aloo bukharay ka sharbat is that it flushes out excess fluorides from the body and thus prevents many other diseases.
- It is a natural laxative and can relieve constipation.
- Being jammed with antioxidants both imli and alu bukhara can help with anxiety.
- Prunes that are dried plums are especially very good for liver health.
Can this refreshing drink have any side effects?
The very traditional source of freshness imli aloo bukharay ka sharbat does not pose any serious health risks but some reversible risks include
- You may experience sore throat or flu-like symptoms due to its tangy flavor.
- If you are drinking from an open stall, you are never sure about two things, first hygiene, and second ingredients. So you may, God forbid, experience any adverse symptoms due to this reason, otherwise, it is completely safe.
Therefore, it is better to prepare it at home in a safe and clean environment with natural ingredients without any artificially synthesized preservatives or sweeteners. You can even prepare the squash or concentrate and freeze it in the form of cubes and prepare your drink instantly.
Imli Aloo Bukhara Sharbat in a Nutshell
Imli aloo bukhara sharbat is a popular thirst quencher in Pakistan. Its sweet and tangy flavor is also a treat to taste buds. Besides that, it provides endless health benefits. It is a drink you should try this summer to beat the heat.
Approved by Certified Dietitian