Dahi Bhallay Nutritional facts and benefits
Dahi Bhalla also known as Dahi Bara is a delicious and healthy snack that is packed with essential nutrients and benefits. It is a great option for people who want to enjoy a tasty, savory snack without compromising their health.
Benefits of Dahi Bhalla
- Dahi Bhalla is made with lentils, which are a rich source of protein and fiber and are essential for muscle growth and repair, important for digestive health and bowel movements.
- The yogurt used in Dahi Bhalla is rich in calcium and probiotics, which are essential for strong bones and teeth. It also promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria and reduces inflammation in the gut.
- The herbs and spices used in Dahi Bhalla are rich in antioxidants, which help boost the immune system and protect the body from harmful toxins and diseases.
- Dahi Bhalla is a low-calorie snack that can be enjoyed without worrying about weight gain.
- The combination of lentils and yogurt in Dahi Bhalla provides a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fats, which can provide energy and help keep you feeling full.
Enjoy this delicious homemade dahi bhalla in the next iftar
Soak ½ cup urad dal and 4 tablespoons of moong dal in water for a few hours. Blend into a smooth batter and add salt, green chili, hing, cumin, and ginger. Shape into small balls and fry until golden brown. Soak in water for 30 minutes, squeeze out the water, and place in a serving dish.
Pour whipped yogurt, a small amount of sugar, and tamarind chutney, and sprinkle chaat masala on top. Enjoy!
A single serving of Dahi Bhalla contains approximately 194.3 calories. Out of which protein comprises 5.5 grams, carbohydrates account for 25.5 grams and the remaining calories come from fat which is 8.4 grams. It also contains 3.0 grams of fiber.
Reviewed by Certified Dietitian