CHICKEN SHAWARMA - HIGH PROTEIN
Chicken shawarma is a combination of chicken marinated in a blend of spices and vegetables. It is worldwide famous because of its unique and tangy flavor. People love it due to its undeniably good grilled meaty taste. This dish satisfies your hunger and cravings without adding additional fat to your body. In addition, it can be a good source of protein in your diet.
It is a quick and healthy dish to make if you are trying to maintain your good eating habits. Moreover, it contains various ingredients that can be beneficial for getting in shape and losing weight, like proteins and vegetables.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SHAWARMA AT HOME?
For the making of a high-protein shawarma bowl, you will need the following ingredients.
CHICKEN SHAWARMA INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. turmeric
- ¼ tbsp. cumin powder
- ¼ tbsp. red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 100g boneless chicken
- 15g shredded cabbage
- Handful of jalapenos
- 1 tbsp. pickle
- 15g thousand island recipe
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- Few drops of red sauce
- 1 tbsp. olives
STEPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN SHAWARMA
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup of mayonnaise to it.
- Add the spices, which include turmeric, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix all spices well with mayonnaise.
- Add boneless chicken to the above mixture and mix well.
- Leave the chicken for 15 minutes so it can marinate well.
- After 15 minutes, cook the chicken on low flame for 6-7 minutes or until it is cooked then set it aside.
- Take another bowl and add shredded cabbage, jalapenos, pickle, thousand island sauce, mustard, red sauce, and olives in the above-mentioned quantities.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Add the cooked chicken by shredding it in the bowl.
- A flavorsome and delicious chicken shawarma bowl is ready to eat.
- Serve it with pita bread, whole grain bread, or rice.
HOW DOES CHICKEN SHAWARMA SERVE?
You can serve your chicken shawarma wrapped in pita bread or serve it as plate shawarma with side dishes of rice and fries. Or you can use this shawarma recipe with servings of salad. This easy chicken shawarma recipe will give you the tastiest and yummiest shawarma at home.