Healthy Chicken Biryani Recipe
Here’s a recipe for one of the most beloved delicacies in the world, chicken biryani. It is notably the most enjoyed and luxurious dish made on special occasions. Enjoyed by all, biryani is one of the most requested recipes as not only is it tasty but healthy too.
This guide presents an easy, step-by-step Pakistani chicken biryani recipe for you to make at home, which will make you a biryani expert in no time.
CHICKEN BIRYANI INGREDIENTS
To make this chicken biryani you will need:
- ½ kg Chicken
- 1 ½ cup Rice
- ½ kg Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ kg Onion
- ½ kg tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Garlic/ Ginger paste
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 cup Imli Water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 packet Biryani Masala
- Pinch of Yellow Food Colour
STEPS FOR MAKING CHICKEN BIRYANI
How To Make Chicken Biryani?
This healthy biryani recipe can be made in 3 steps.
Prepare the chicken masala
- In a pan add 2 tbsp. olive oil, wait for it to become hot then add ¼ kg thinly cut onion and fry them, then add 1 tbsp. garlic- ginger paste, ½ kg tomatoes and ½ cup of water.
- Cover and let it cook till the tomatoes are soft. Take out the lid and mash the mixture to make a fine paste.
- Gradually add ½ kg chicken, 3-4 green chillies, 1 cup imli water, and ½ kg yoghurt to the mixture and give it a good mix so that the chicken is fully merged in the mixture.
- Add 1 packet of biryani masala and mix it well. Cover and let it cook until the chicken is tender and completely cooked.
Boil the rice
- While preparing the chicken masala, soak the 1.5 cup rice in water for about 30 minutes or more.
- After making the masala, prepare the rice.
- Take a big pan and add 1 tbsp. salt in water for boiling rice. Cover and let the water boil.
- Drain the soaked water from before and add rice to the boiling water. Wait until the rice is ¾ done and then drain the water again.
Bring it all together
- Now to mix it all make layers of masala and rice. Layer the pan with some chicken masala then add half of the rice and then put the rest of the chicken and the remaining rice.
- Sprinkle yellow food colour on top of it.
- Cover and let the flavours meld on low flame.
- Gently mix everything and enjoy.